Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Do not by rugs in Spokane

I went looking at rugs at the hubbys request - mostly shopping for information. What a horrifying experience. There is a rug vendor on 2nd Ave who is the most arrogant, SOG that I have ever had the displeasure to meet. He was unhelpful, snotty, and a total jerk. I was nice, but I should have been ignorant. Of course two wrongs don't make a right, but I would have felt better when I left his store. I will never darken his doorstep again, and neither should you. If you feel inclined to know who he is, you may ask. I'm not shy about telling.

I mentioned my "pleasant experience" to my neighbor this morning and she had a similar experience when dropping off a rug to be cleaned. She said a girl in the shop "tossed my rug into a pile on the floor. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that."

Courtesy counts for something and if this shop wants to stay in business I would think they need to learn the meaning of the word. THE END

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading a book called "Talk to the Hand" by Lynne Truss. She is also the author of "Eats Shoots and Leaves". Both are fabulous takes on modern behavior. "Eats Shoots and Leaves" is about modern punctuational laziness and "Talk to the Hand" is about rude behavior. You should look for the book at the library as I think you find it an enjoyable account of people's horrific manners these days.