Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wow it has been a long time since the last blog. The trip to Greece was fabulous. . . I could live on Crete, but not really as I have no Greek relatives, and you have to be able to PROVE your Greek heritage to become a semi-resident - STRICT. Anyway, the sea, condo, island, people, beaches, towns, old buildings from 7500BC, donkeys, old ladys on donkeys, old toothless ladies, sheep, etc, were all beautiful. What a vacation! IF I get a chance I'll post some pictures.
We came home to busy, busy, working as Office Missionaries and keeping tabs on 185 19-23 year olds. It is challenging and rewarding, and we are loving the missionaries. WE are not loving the other couple in the office- they really don't have a clue that they don't have a clue and the learning curve is very slow. After 6 weeks they are starting to have an idea that this is a very busy office - HUH. We had to learn all this in 15 days - as transfers came in our learning curve and that is the busiest time of all. We are into our 3rd transfer and it is a lot more calm for us, but of course still a crazy time. Kevin is over Vehicles, think 185 teenage drivers, and I am over housing, supplies, and office manager. The other couple are sec., and finance. When we first started it was just the two of us doing everything. Anyway, we are greatful for this opportunity (even though I didn't want it). I think the Lord knew we would need somethng substantial going on at this time - go figure. We are loving having Val and the kids here too, I know it is hard on everyone to have the upheaval but I think it is working out-she may have a differet idea.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

It's working out just fine. i'll show you how to do pictures later if you want. Love you!

Holly said...

good to hear from you. I feel like I am so far out of the loop it's a new loop altogether. I will have to talk to you one of these days but I never know when I can call and actually reach you without interrupting dinner/naps/life too much.
I love you!