Monday, May 4, 2009

Gettin' Ready

So we leave for Greece in 6 days and even getting ready is an adventure. Since Kevin came home from Iraq, I have had to get him a ticket on the same flights as mine, (did), and now we are also spending a couple of nights in Athens to see the sights, so not just Crete. ANYWAY, we rented a car for the 12 days we're on Crete, and it's from the least expensive rental company on the island. We received an e-mail from "Mikanos Nikinos" asking for more info from Mr & Mrs Smith, and when Kevin replied to it the next e-m from Mikanos was a lot more friendly. "Dear Kevin and Barb," he wrote, and signed with "with kind regards, Nikos". I said to Kevin, do you think we are taking Mrs Nikos' car for the 12 days we're there? I hope she doesn't have to use the donkey to go get milk.
On another note, I have been tanning so I don't burn so much in Greece. I told Kevin he should be tanning too. So he finally agreed, and on the second tan, wanted more time. HE BURNED! Now he accuses me of putting him in the rotisserie bed - although I think he is sufficiently recovered to go again tomorrow. We'll see.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Maybe it is her car. Maybe they'll make you, I mean invite you, to dinner while you're there. So they can check the oil or something.

It's going to be so fun! I am jealous and excited for you guys.