Thursday, December 4, 2008

Befuddlement

"Mom left us locked in the kitchen today while she went to work. When she came home she brought presents, she said they weren't for us, but I can tell. Two big blue boxes (can I tell color?, maybe not), anyway two big boxes and they smelled good. I have a really good nose so I can ususally tell where mom's been and who she's been with...she say's "quit that sniffing", but how else am I supposed to get the info? Well, these boxes smell like someplace I know I've never been; salty air, and different people than I'm used to. I'm really not a racist dog, I love love love everyone, but some people just smell different. Too bad I can't tell color. Mom said she was filling them up with the fall stuff - I just love fall stuff - all those leaves, moldy and wet - YUM. But she filled them with stuff from the big table, the counter and some baskets - that's not fall, that's junk. Mom called it junk too, kept muttering about cleaning out the basement but we both know that will never happen. So I kept waiting to see what was in the bottom box, the top one was so fine, but the bottom was empty too, except,for the smells. I know that smell, I rolled in it once, then they buried the roll-thing and made me have a bath. So who was buried in the box? Another mystery.

No comments: