Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Tree in the House

"Great excitement in the house here. I still can't find Dad, but Mom brought a tree into the house. Actually it was in the basement storage room up on the highest shelf, so of course if you are always looking at knees, it was impossible to know it was there. My friend Piper and I danced all around the living room when Mom started putting it together. Mom had to keep telling us to get out of the way. WHAT? You don't find a tree in the house to be one of the most exciting things ever? Do you know how cold it has been outside, and I have short hair. (I probably should wear a coat, but then Mom would think I could be out all day, and I don't want that.). Anyway, it's a twinkly tree with colored lights and now there are things hanging from it. They look kind of fun to play with but when Aile touchs them she gets "no, no", and for me it would be worse, so I leave them alone. BUT, there is candy hanging from the tree. I love candy, and think about this; wouldn't a dog with peppermint breath would be better than the dumpster breath you accuse me of having. Come to think of it, I don't say anything about your breath, and believe me I could. But back to the tree . . . you don't really think Mom would follow through on her threat to take me to the pound if I use the tree - if you know what I mean. Would she?

No comments: