Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dad - found!

"Well, just when I thought that there probably wasn't a Dad, that all that tug-of-war had been a good dream, in the door walks . . DAD! I really couldn't believe it, I thought maybe it was the rubber from the garden - gloves causing halucinations, so I didn't get too excited. But then, Dad found the tug toy and now I'm a believer. Just so you know, no one else on the planet plays toys with me as well as Dad. They try, and they're good, but Dad is the winner. So I had a good ten days of fun and fury, and then today Mom and Dad left and only Mom came back. Dad had whispered to me to take care of Mom, but I didn't think it meant he wasn't coming back. He said maybe in the summer . . . That's an eternity to a dog"

1 comment:

Holly said...

Just to screw with him a little more you should put up the tree before dad comes home again. Duke will start to associate trees with Dad and then... Who knows?

Poor Duke.

Let me know if he, and YOU, want to come visit. We're always here!

Unless you take us to Hawaii (or just me!)