Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's official

We knew it was coming, we knew it would be after the first of the year, so here it comes . . . Dad is leaving Tuesday the 6th . Two weeks in Kuwait then to his new home in war-torn Iraq. I'm not sure how I feel about it anymore; I know we are taking a calculated risk, so was his work for the last 30 years, but this is seeming SO extreme. We knew that too, but now that it's here I can understand how crying wives at the airport feel. I don't like this feeling. Someone from the company summed it up well: He called the LEP's "Patriots", willing to give up home and happiness to support the troops in the field who are trying to protect our freedoms, and by association, the LEP's are supporting our freedom too. That makes me feel better. All I can say is amen to the sentiment, and also that he better come home safely, or those dang Iraqis' will be so, so sorry. . . They think they're tough but they haven't delt with a menopausal woman from the USA.

On a lighter side, Christmas was great. All our kids here and grandkids galore, what a blast! So many bodies soooo little room in this house. That should make me happy, getting a new, bigger living space house eventually. Of course by then all the kids will be bigger, not want to go to grammas, but I will hold the presents hostage unless they show up. HA

Thanks to all the kids who made the trip over snowy passes, and over snowy roads to see grandpa before he left. I know the little kids don't understand, they say the word Iraq and have no real idea where it is or what grandpa will be doing, just that he will be gone a long time. We here at home will all soldier on, keeping the faith and praying for safety for grandpa and ourselves. Please God, keep him safe.

No comments: