Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Meals on Wheels

This morning was garbage pickup, and per one of the last blogs, I had three - yes THREE- bags of poop-soup for the lucky garbage man. I pulled the "meals-on-wheels" cart into the garage so I didn't have to carry (ICK) the bags sooooo far. No mishaps, if there had been I'd be in a motel tonight, or Kevin would have had to come back from the mideast to firebomb the garage. So, it's all gone in the lucky truck to the lucky where-ever-icky things-go place. And this is another reason I e-hat dogs.

So this brings up a story: When it was Holly's turn to bring "meals on wheels" up from the road she decided to be smart and tie the handle of the can to Rocky's leash and let him do the work for her. Of course when Rocky heard the rolling noise behind him, he probably figured it was the devil after him, so he ran faster and so did the devil, and so he ran faster. . . right into the garage, but of course the can didn't make that small weave to the left, and it took out the tail light of the car instead. Poor dog, Rhodesian Ridgebacks can run really fast, but if the devil is tied to your neck, there's just no getting away. There is probably an eternal lesson here, like 'don't tie yourself to the devil'. Yeah, that's a good one, it covers a lot of ground. ;)

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm so glad I could provide the lesson for the day.

I'm also glad I eventually TOLD you it was my fault the light was broken and there was somehow dog poop UNDER the Buick.

I waited several years, if I remember right, but Dad looked happy to have a resolution. Him and puzzles, you know, he can't let them go until he solves it.

By the way, "poop soup" may be the grossest thing I have heard in a long time. Congratulations!